Saturday, January 28, 2017


01/23/17
Caleb McCusker

James 3:13-17

"Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambitions in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. Such 'wisdom' does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice. But the wisdom that come from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere."


-The Wisdom of Mercy-

Wisdom is shown in our actions and how we use it. But, there are two types of wisdom.
1. There is the wisdom that is envious and full of self. This is earthly "wisdom". This kind is not from God.
2. Then there is the wisdom from God which is pure. It is peace-loving, submissive, full of mercy, and good fruit, impartial, and sincere.
I as a Christian should act more in Godly wisdom and see The Lord show Himself through the outcome. If I am to be wise, I need to be more merciful.
Personally, mercy has been a big struggle in my life. Especially showing mercy to those who have wronged me. The earthly "wise" thing to do would be to exact revenge.. As the sang goes:
An eye for an eye. I try to justify the actions and deny the truth. It is a selfish ambition to exact revenge.
But, the pure wisdom from God tells me to be peace-loving, and full of mercy. Two things that I need to practice more in my everyday life.

No comments:

Post a Comment