Saturday, March 18, 2017

3/12/17
Caleb McCusker

“What is more, I consider everything a loss because  of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ.”
Philippians 3:8


There isn’t much I hold sacred in this life besides my relationship with God, my family, friends, and the few things I am passionate about. I don’t let the things of this world take control of my life, because “what good is it to gain the world but lose my soul?” What gives me the right to hold onto anything that rightfully belongs to the Lord anyways? I’ve had to give up a lot of things over the years for the sake of being on the mission field for so many years serving the Lord. Friends, family, personal desires, comforts, and things other people my age have the opportunity to do that I can’t. All I’ve sacrificed for the sake of what God called my parents into.
Even though I’ve had to give up all these things, I’ve not complained about where God has take us over the years.
Not many people can say they’ve grown up more than half their life in a foreign country, in a culture that is not their own, not many have seen the things I’ve seen, done the things I have done, experienced the things I have, nor walk where I have. I see the world with a much wider perspective now then a lot of people do in today’s culture. Now, by no means am I trying to give myself praise here for all that I’ve done or given up. I am merely sharing the truth of what God has taken and what He has given in my life. If anything, God gets all the praise for taking anything away if it draws me closer to Him.

Over the years I’ve learned to hold all things with an open hand so when God decides to take away, even my own life if He wills it, It’s all His to do what He wills with. It for sure hasn’t been an easy thing to do because I am still a sinner, but if by doing so I gain more of Christ in my life, the Lord, take it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment