Saturday, March 18, 2017

3/14/17
Caleb McCusker

“And be found in Him not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ- the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith.”
Philippians 3:9

If it’s one thing I hate in the world it’s anything based on false religion So far from what I’ve read and seen in the world, religion has brought nothing much more than laws, bondage, and death. Yes, death! Religion kills! The Muslim faith is just one of many proofs that religions kills. “Religion of peace” my backside.  God didn’t come to this world to force religion upon people, no, He came to set us free from the bondage of the laws of religion and of sin through His love and what He did for the world on the cross. He came to set the captives FREE! Now, I know for one am naturally a rebel at heart and usually go against anything that has to do with any religion that involves rules, regulations, and acts that don’t match up with the true living Word of God. I don’t believe at all that is what it’s all about. It’s all about a personal relationship with Him. Not religion or what people today have made religion out to be.
I am who I am through my faith in Christ, and when I see or hear about religious acts or the kind of churches that require you to follow weird laws or requirements that don’t match up with scripture, my rebel flag starts to fly and in my heart I rebel against those things which then eventually shows itself physically in my life.

Now, is this right? I don’t know honestly.. Probably not. But, I get that righteous anger because I hate to see people in chains and in bondage not only to their sin, but to religion and what all that brings with it. To be honest, I’m still working this out with the Lord on what is the right way to handle these feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment