Saturday, February 4, 2017

1/29/17
Caleb McCusker
Luke 8:11-15
"This is the meaning of the parable: The seed is the word of God. Those along the path are the ones who hear, and then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may
not believe and be saved. Those on the rocky ground are the ones who receive the word with joy when they hear it, but they have no roots. They believe for a while, but in the time of testing they
fall away. The seeds that fell among thorns stands for those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life's worries, riches, and pleasures, and they do not mature.
But the seeds on good soil stands for those with a noble heart, who hear the word, retain it, and by preserving produce a crop."

In the past I can't tell you how many times I've felt like the seeds on the rocky soil. I could sit in on a church service, enjoy the teaching, become convicted,
and gladly receive it. But at the end of the day, I could so easily forget applications from that message and quickly go from feeling the Holy Spirit working in me then suddenly feel my flesh take over.
Eventually, after some trial and errors, God finally gets ahold of my stubborn self and opens my eyes and heart to what He has been trying to tell me.
I can tell you, that isn't they way to go. It's an everyday fight and it could be so much easier if I just let God work in me from the start, but knowing the hard-hearted, stubborn sinner I am, it takes a while sometimes for the
me to actually get what the Holy Spirit is trying to tell me. Sometimes I just need a sucker punch to the gut from God.
I personally want to be the seeds on the good soil. The one who has a noble heart, who hears the word, retains it, and by preserving produces a crop.
With prayer, seeking the Lord, and holding onto His words, I know I can be the one on good soil.

No comments:

Post a Comment