Saturday, February 4, 2017

2/2/17
Caleb McCusker

Hebrews 6:12
"We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate thise who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised."

It is not a secret that there has been times in my life where I was impatient with God. I'm a fallen sinner, and as one, I try to put God on my timing. The week before coming to Ignite was a crazy one.
I had just flown back from the States back to Belize and somewhere between the flights, my luggage had been misplaced and were left at the last airport I was in. As you can imagine, I was very
annoyed and angry with the airlines but also, I had some anger towards God as well. Why didn't He just give me a smooth-sailing trip? Why did my bags have to be left behind?
What am suppose to learn from this anyways? In reality, God was teaching me a important leasson: I had to trust what He was doing. So, instead of sitting around worrying for my luggage, I began
to pray to the Lord for 1. To ask for forgivness for becoming angry at Him, and 2. To give me peace and know that He had his hands on the whole situation. To be patient and wait on His timing.
Now, I know getting my bags back isn't  promissed thing. But, after praying to the Lord, I had a sense of peace come over me and I knew I didn't need to worry or stress about anything.
Eventually, I did get my luggage back. Praise God!
See, just like Abraham, I had to wait patiently for God to fullfill what I knew He would do. I had to step back away from the situation and instead of getting all angry at everything, I just had to give
it all up to the Lord and trust He had a plan for the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment