Saturday, February 4, 2017


1/31/17
Caleb Mccusker

Revelations 1:9
"I, John your brother and companion in the suffering and kingdom and patient endurance that are ours in Jesus, was on the island of Patmos because the word of God and the testimony of Jesus."

For the Christian, persecution is going to be a given. If we aren't in some way sacrificing/suffering for the Lord, then somthing is off. John was speaking to his brothers in the faith who were also
companions in the suffering and kingdom and patient endurance. You and I are also the brothers and sisters in the same faith. I suffer, I am part of the kingdom, and I have patient endurance
till the Lord finally calls me home. Weather that is through persecution and suffering or he comes back. Though John was on that barren island,and experienced all those trials, I don't think he ever once regretted or wished any of
these things were happening to him. The Bible says "to live in Christ, and to die is gain". There may be a time someday that I may suffer and give my life for the Lord, but theres no other way I'd
want to go then to be serving Him till I meet Him face to face. But till that day, I will press on through the storms with patient endurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment