Saturday, February 11, 2017

2/5/17
Caleb McCusker

1 Timothy 6-8
"But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that."

Time to open up a can of 'Honesty'.
Growing up on the mission field for so many years has taught me so many good leassons that I will never forget. I see the world in a whole different way then most Americans would and that will
most likely stick with me the rest of my life. Though growing up on the field has been a good thing for me, the leassons I've learned haven't always been easy.
There has been times where my family had nothing but rice and beans to last us a week. Though that is pretty much 'poor people food' it's honestly more then most people have, and we were
greatful to have the 'poor people' food because we had faith in God and knew He would provide everything we need to get through the weeks till whenever payday was.Granted, it was hard at times to be content with what God had given us but in the end I was always greatful. I have a sang that goes like this: "You live to eat, we eat to live". How's that for some
perspective? I'd rather be a poor man in God's will then a rich man out of His will. We need to not worry about the earthly temporary things in this life, instead, we need to keep our eyes on the prize
ahead of us and trust the Lord that He will provide everything we need. I know it can be hard to be content with things, believe me, I know. We may not like the same meal days in a row, but that's what God has given us to sustain us and we ought not
to get bitter toward what the Lord has blessed us with. Theres people I personally know that have gone with pretty much nothing but rice. And I know theres people around the world that have
literally NOTHING. It may sound harsh but what gives us the right to complain about having the same meal weeks in a row? If we were honest with outselves, we really have no right to complain if God gives us what we NEED.

No comments:

Post a Comment