Saturday, February 18, 2017

2/8/17
Caleb McCusker

Hebrews 13:5
"Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

Alright, I'm gonna be as honest and as raw I can with y'all on this one. The end of this verse stood out to me the most because, and I don't know why, but a lot of times I feel like God has indeed forsaken me in certain
ways. Now, before you go and start to think I'm out of my mind or something, bear with me because maybe we all have gone through this struggle in one way or another if were honest with ourselves.
'Lord, are you even listening to me? Do you hear me? Why does it feel like You call me to do things that I seem to fail at?
These are the questions I ask God almost regularly. Now, I get it.. He says 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you', but why is it that I feel the way I do? I know I have seen the Lord work
in my life but at times I also feel like he puts me on pause at times as well. I know it most certainly could be the devil planting these thoughts in my mind which then I take and form them into feelings. I honestly don't know.
But, I know the Lord is more then right with what He says, I've expierenced it and I know He is with me even when I don't think He is.
To be honest with you, I have been in the ring with the Lord lately and have gotten mad with Him. And as a testimony to this verse, I know God is with me cause slowly and surely, I've stopped swingin' and have surrendering into His arms. Even more so as I write this.
I should know better then to question wheather God is with me or not, but I am still a sinner in need of grace more thimes then I could ever count and thank Him that He loves me that much to stay
even when I fall into small seasons of doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment