Saturday, February 18, 2017

2/7/17
Caleb McCusker
Luke 3:14
"Then some soldiers asked him, 'And we, what shall we do?' He replied, "Don't extort money from anyone by threats or by false accusations, and be content with your wages."

Hmm.. 'Don't exort money by threats or false accusations'? So, in other words, don't be a bully. I mean, if you think about it, this verse is pretty simple to apply to our lives.
God gives us exactly what we need when we need it, and sometimes He'll give you a little extra as a blessing. Just what he gives us is a blessing in itself. I don't deserve anything if I think about it.
But the Lord is full of grace and mercy and I am greatful for whatever he blesses me with, big or small. I'm not perfect by any means and if I am honest with myself, I know I need to learn to be more
content with the things the Lord has blessed me with. Take my gift of music for example.. Others might look at me and think I'm a great guitar player, but I know my limits and I know what I'm good
and not good at. I honestly wish I had better skills with my guitar, but I know I need to be content with the level of gifting God has given me and use it for his glory and not my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment